Thursday, May 04, 2006

Tribute to iPOD Jockey (new Roman Drummasters)

Remember watching those old movies, like Jason and the Argonauts or one of those Burt Lancaster movies where he is a slave in a ship galley, whipped up by those Roman to row their big ship. You kinda get the feeling of sorrowness and despair for these slaves. Back in modern times, i sometimes felt the same feeling when going to the Group excercise in the Gym, though I know its good for me, but halfway thru, you get this feeling of tiredness and exhaustion. But then again I must comment that those "Roman Drummaster" Gym Instructor are doing an excellent job motivating you to finish and get through the class.

I felt that I owe a bit to these Instructors and their words of motivation especially when they try to sing along on some of the songs. I also term these instructors as iPOD Jockeys though some can sing better then others. One of the most demanding instructor but a great motivator is Wes especially when he belts out wording such as "..we have no fear" from the Song Track Olympia while doing BodyPump.

Another of his other favourite tracks will be a song from the group Garbage called "Push it" which he likes to go over the the lyrics in both Pump or RPM classes which goes something like this " ...this is the noise that keeps me awake, my head explodes and my body aches..." Kinda comical , I thought.

When you particpate in his RPM Challenge class, he dishes out this song called "Why" by DJ Sammy and rhetorically asked us why are we doing this?? Kinda challenging ur mind, doesn't it?

Another instructor Peter has different approach being slightly humourous in his framework but particular in techniques as he belts out command from stage if you get it wrong. One of the tracks that he commonly plays is "From Paris to Berlin (Pumping For Love) by Infernal" as this song is very raunchy and gets you up when you are trying to Pump 15 to 20 kilos continously for more then 5 minutes. The lyrics that he keep us motivated is something like this ".... Patience is a game, ...."

Other enjoyable song in his class will be "Pump it up" by danzel and "Pump It" by Black Eye Pea" more so for his on stage improvisation techniques ;)

My favourite song that motivates me to Pump is actually a song called "Come to me by Tina Cousins". I am not sure what motivates me in this song, whether is it because of its strongs synth bass lines or the sultry voice of Tina Cousins or when it was first introduced in Pump, it was demonstrated by a Drummaster,Instructor Wenisa.

Of course these are some of the instructors that has been highligted though there are other iPOD Jockeys such as Swee, Wayne, Herny, Collin and Chloe. Particpate in their class and see how they motivate U .......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know all the instructors huh ? not bad.. i dont even know one of them.. man u haf a lot of time..hhahhhaha

The Editor said...

U shud know at least one of them. U know a Body Combat Instructor Mah...lest u want ur head chop off ;))

The Editor said...

[spoonfork] I haven't attended her classes yet. I think I am doing too much now anyway.

Anonymous said...

body combat instructor ? i never been to that class.. who is this instructor you refering to ? please tell me.. have you been to that person's body combat class? are you planning to ? WHO!!!???

The Editor said...

I didn't mention...ah may have slipped my mind. U can check out the details here http://pickyin.blogspot.com/2006/04/les-mills-bodycombat-intructor.html

I have not been to her class so far but have observe from afar tho.

The Editor said...

[apple] Hmmm....I am at MAXIS on Tuesdays as I normally look for Wes's RPM Challenge Classes. I will be in AXIS on Wednesday and SPK on Thursday. I might drop in MAXIS Saturday though ;).